I’m not actually here. I’m enjoying my college reunion in Northfield right now (among other things, I’m getting AG a new shirt. Class of 2031, represent!).* Hopefully I’m not getting rained on.
But because I care so much about you, Dear Reader, I didn’t want to leave you bereft of my Saturday Evening Posts post. While I am tripping down memory lane, you can enjoy some of these posts that caught my eye this week:
- GeekMom, How Kids Benefit From Chores. Yeah, my kid has one chore, and she already thinks it’s a chore. She’s not really much about the satisfaction of a job well done, apparently.
- Boing Boing, Smart people are especially prone to stupid mistakes. Well, that’s my excuse, anyway.
- SarahGlassmeyer(dot)com, The Culture of Curation. I totally get this, and sometimes I feel this way, too, lately – “bored with the Internet” – or like people are too busy posting status updates regarding what they’re doing to actually enjoy what they’re doing – so. I don’t know, it’s just something I’ve been thinking about lately and trying to work on, myself.
- Instagram Blog, Instatypes: Make Faux Tintypes at Home. Cool, or super-annoyingly-hipster-y affectation?
- GeekMom, Babiators: Sunglasses for Destructive Children. But do they come in purple with sparkles? ‘Cuz if not, they’re not going to get worn in my house.
*Totally had no idea Captain Jack would be there. Def would’ve been down there yesterday had I known.