If you didn’t receive a card from us this year, don’t worry. Nobody did. We just didn’t feel up to it, for numerous reasons.
If we had, we might have sent you something like this:
Only it most certainly would’ve contained a picture of Thomas. A cursory review of the roughly 2,426 photos that I took this year indicates I took none of him, poor guy.
Merry Christmas, Happy (belated) Hanukkah, Happy (extremely belated) Ramadan, Joyous Solstice, Happy Festivus … Happy end of the year, everybody! I, for one, am eagerly awaiting 2014 and hope to see you all a lot more in the coming months.
Although somewhat expected, it’s probably a good idea for me to do some kind of an inventory of things I’m thankful for this year; it’s frankly been kind of a crappy year.
So! To shift my mindset, here are (some of) the things I am thankful for:
- my good health
- the good health of my family
- the health insurance we all enjoy to keep it that way
- reconnecting with (and making new) friends, in virtual and physical worlds
- a job that challenges me and keeps me on my toes, in addition to paying me a salary
- a daughter who does the same thing (except for the salary part)
Hope you all had a safe, happy, and abundant Thanksgiving. May we all be fortunate enough to do it again next year.
It’s actually been kind of a slow week, starred-blog-items-wise. In real life, of course, I’m deckin’ the halls and all that jazz. By the way, Happy start of Hanukkah, for those of you who celebrate!
There are a few things I found interesting this week, however. As usual, in no particular order, you may enjoy:
- Instagram Blog, Millions Drawn to Lyon’s Fête des Lumières. Pretty pictures of pretty lights! In France! Really, what more could you want?
- Library Stuff, Bedbugs Hitch a Ride on Library Books. Okay, well, this is just horrific. I may never go to the library again. Or to work!
- HelloGiggles, 20 Years of Awesome: A History of Lomography Cameras. For a while there, the “Lomo Fi” filter on Instagram was my favorite filter, and I didn’t know there was a real-life camera (and movement, I guess) from whence it got its name, the Lomo Kompakt Automat.
- The Flickr blog. I’m all about photography today, I guess! I save all of my photos to Flickr. I know it’s not the most social-media savvy of photo sharing sites, and that’s not primarily how I use it – it’s my back-up repository, for the most part. But I am pretty loyal to it, and they have a great blog with gorgeous photos. You should subscribe to their RSS feed now. A daily dose of beautiful shots! What a nice thing to look forward to every morning!
- And lastly:
This is my new favorite Christmas video of all time:
Bookmark it now for whenever you need a lift.
Of course, my own New Year’s Eve is probably going to consist of playing with new Duplo blocks and dollies, and a 8:00 bedtime.
‘Tho I unapologetically LOVE these shoes.
We spent this weekend in Wausau, Wisconsin, to celebrate Easter with my in-laws. Continue reading