Although somewhat expected, it’s probably a good idea for me to do some kind of an inventory of things I’m thankful for this year; it’s frankly been kind of a crappy year.
So! To shift my mindset, here are (some of) the things I am thankful for:
- my good health
- the good health of my family
- the health insurance we all enjoy to keep it that way
- reconnecting with (and making new) friends, in virtual and physical worlds
- a job that challenges me and keeps me on my toes, in addition to paying me a salary
- a daughter who does the same thing (except for the salary part)
Hope you all had a safe, happy, and abundant Thanksgiving. May we all be fortunate enough to do it again next year.
… an incomplete list, in no particular order:
- loving family
- wonderful friends
- bright, (usually) cheerful, talkative, funny, interesting kiddo
- understanding, affectionate, unflappable, stalwart spouse
- continued good health of those above (and myself)
- beautiful music
- supportive, hard-working, intelligent colleagues
- thoughtful and inquisitive students
- fuzzy, cuddly pets!
- sturdy roof over my head
- literal and metaphorical warmth
Cliché? Ah, well.
Here is a but a small smattering of things I am thankful for today, in no particular order:
- the good health of my loved ones (and me!)
- that I have enough resources to provide for myself and my family, with some left over for others who are not as fortunate
- access to clean water
- the ability and support to further (and further and further …) my education
- my friends and family and pets
- The beautiful weather we’ve enjoyed this fall
- Beethoven. And the Muppets.